Corangamite Writers’ Group meet once a month to share and discuss writing projects and encourage creative writing skill development in a relaxed and informal setting.
The group meet from 1.30-4pm on the first and third Saturday each month.
“Ten reasons why writing is good for you”:
- Creativity has been proven to have positive effects on health, self-esteem and vitality
- Writing is good for your brain, creates a state similar to meditation
- Writing hones your powers of observation, giving you a fuller experience of life
- Writing hones your powers of concentration and attention, which is more fractured than ever thanks to technology and TV
- Writing connects you with others through blogging, writing groups, live readings, and self-publishing outlets like Scribd and Smashwords.
- Through writing we preserve stories and memories that may otherwise be lost
- Writing entertains you and others, and having fun is an important part of good health
- Writing strengthens your imagination, and imagination is key to feeling hope and joy
- Writing helps heal and process wounds and grief, clearing them out
- Life is too short not to do what you enjoy”
(exert from: http://jordanrosenfeld.net/10-reasons-why-writing-is-good-for-you/)